Responsible to the Registered Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
1. To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the home’s management, including taking over their areas of responsibilities and deputising for them during their absence.
2. To support the Registered Manager to ensure that consistently high standards of care are delivered at all times, ensuring residents’ wellbeing and good quality of life.
3. To be a Clinical Care Lead in all areas including medication, falls, nutrition and hydration, oral health, diabetes, skin integrity, infection management and PBS.
4. To provide on call cover and advice to Care Cos and Team Leaders. To provide on-site management cover at weekends (one day a fortnight).
5. To help train, coach and mentor Care-Co, Team Leaders and other staff in the various aspects of their work in the home, supporting staff to work as a cohesive team.
6. To support with a designated area of work, as requested by the Registered Manager and to make progress reports back to the Registered Manager.
7. To be a professional role model to all staff, ensuring homes policies and procedures are followed in accordance with relevant legislation and that resident’s needs are met in a person-centred way.
1. To work closely with the Management Team to ensure that in their absence, they will continue to manage all key areas of responsibility to ensure the safe and effective running of the Home.
2. To provide both clinical, care and managerial leadership to Care Co-Ordinators, Team Leaders, Senior Support Workers and Support Workers.
3. To provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence within the clinical/care areas of responsibility for residents, relatives and staff, providing help, advice and support at all times.
4. Support, supervise and advise staff to ensure that care and support meets all residents’ identified needs.
5. To understand the Team Leaders responsibilities for the running of a shift and administer medication in each unit as required.
6. To support the medication leads in each unit overseeing the ordering, storage, dispensing and recording of medication, undertaking medication competencies and completing medication risk assessments.
7. To work closely with medical professionals, supporting all care-cos with referrals and medical outcomes required.
8. To support the Falls Management, investigations and any further actions required.
9. To collaborate with the catering team to ensure that all resident’s nutritional dietary needs and SALT requirements are met, and residents have input into the menu choices on offer.
10. To undertake on a monthly basis an audit of the Home in line with CQC’s Quality Statements.
11. To ensure the Company’s Health and Safety policy is carried out at all times.
12. To report back to the Registered Manager with regard to operational and staffing matters, including staff welfare, resident’s wellbeing and environmental issues.
13. To assist with mentoring and coaching Care-Cos, Team leaders, Senior Support Work, and Support Staff, creating and implementing development plans/personal improvement plans where appropriate.
14. To review Opportunity to Learn Forms, identifying and implementing any required actions.
15. To assist the Registered Manager to assess potential residents in their present placements, liaising with families and other professionals to establish a care package for new residents, organise a transitional plan, and support the transition to ensure the resident is successfully introduced to the home and that the agreed care package is implemented.
16. To support the Care Co-Ordinators to chair weekly team lead and staff meetings, and to arrange and chair night staff meetings on a monthly basis.
17. To support the manager, residents and staff in all aspects of safeguarding, reporting and liaising with Social Services and CQC, chasing outstanding safeguardings and managing safeguarding outcomes.
18. To support with the analysis and any required actions in various areas including incidents, accidents, safeguarding and behaviours.
19. To complete audits to ensure Care Plans, Risk Assessments, PBS Plans, Care Passport, other resident documentation are up-to-date with all relevant information and meet required standards. To support the Care Co-Ordinators to ensure any action plans are implemented in a timely manner.
20. To offer support to keyworkers to ensure all elements of their role is being undertake and ensure goals from keyworker reposts are added to Care Plans.
21. To have a good understanding of PBS, (Positive Behaviour support), and ensure your day-to-day practice is in line with PBS standards. Support to review and implement PBS plans.
22. To support the Registered Manager with providing evidence For CQC and recording staff going the extra mile and providing outstanding care.
23. To develop links with all professional and statutory agencies who are involved with the residents
24. To undertake supervisions and appraisals as agreed with the Registered Manager.
25. To undertake other duties pertaining to the smooth-running of the Home that may, from time to time, be requested.