HEAD OF HOUSEKEEPING
Responsible to the Infection Control Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To support the management team in all aspects of the home's management to ensure an environment that is welcoming, comfortable and safe.
- To supervise the cleaning and housekeeping team to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness of the home and maintenance of residents laundry.
- To engage residents and support them to clean their rooms and do their laundry to increase their life skills.
- To work with Care-Cos and keyworkers to identify residents who can support with other areas of housekeeping e.g. stock ordering,
- To undertake the role of Champion in the areas of Infection Control, mentoring staff and undertaking observations of the staff team to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- To undertake a monthly audit of the Home as agreed with the management Team in line with CQC’s KLOEs.
- To supervise and support housekeeping and cleaning staff, undertaking regular supervisions, to highlighting any training or development needs when needed.
- To chair regular staff meetings for the housekeeping and cleaning team to keep them informed of updates, changes and needs of the service and to address any issues.
- To liaise with the Care Coordinators and Team Leaders in supporting the cleaning staff.
- To manage the laundry procedures daily and ensuring residents clothes are well maintained, ironed, clearly named and labelled.
- To ensure that the resident’s bedrooms are clean and tidy on a daily basis, that their beds are made, their clothes are neatly stored and tidied away, they have enough clean bedding, toiletries and towels and their belongings are in order.
- To undertake cleaning and laundry duties, engaging residents to support with the cleaning, maintaining their own room and clothes.
- To build relationships with residents and support them in undertaking paid work by completing housekeeping duties around the home.
- To ensure a regular supply of cleaning products across site at the start of every week, using a regular stock take. To place an order for supplies and check the stock against order forms as it arrives.
- To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
- To be responsible for checking that the washers/dryers are maintained in good working order and report faults to the Facilities Director.
- To ensure the laundry room and storage areas are kept in a clean and hygienic condition and ensure the levels of washing powders and conditioners in the laundry rooms are maintained.
- To organise and undertake deep cleaning duties when required.
- To implement and maintain cleaning schedule for the whole home and ensure that they are adhered to.
- To undertake a monthly audit of the Home as agreed.
- To ensure the Company’s Health and Safety policy is carried out at all times and COSHH guidelines are adhered to.
- To be aware of & fully understand the homes policies & procedures, to support the management team to cascade updated policies to the staff team.
- Obtain feedback from residents and staff regarding cleaning and laundry quality to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the home and our residents at all times.
- To take responsibility for designated areas of work as requested by Line Manager.
- To be a professional role model to all staff.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
Ticehurst Road, Burwash Common, East Sussex, TN19 7JR
£11.55 Per hour