Responsible to the Head Of Housekeeping
PURPOSE OF POSITION
1. To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the home, for adults with learning & physical disabilities.
2. To maintain resident’s laundry daily and ensure residents clothes are well maintained, ironed, clearly named and labelled.
3. To engage residents and support them to clean their rooms and do their laundry to increase their life skills.
1. To clean all allocated communal rooms including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment as outlined in the cleaning rota.
2. To adhere to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures and the COSHH statement and attend all mandatory training required, including the prevention and control of infection training.
3. To support and encourage residents to be involved in cleaning their rooms to create a homely environment.
4. Support residents to undertake various aspects of their laundry to help maintain and promote independence.
5. Ensure resident’s dignity and privacy is respected at all times.
6. To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation as outlined in the cleaning rota.
7. To ensure a regular supply of cleaning products are available.
8. To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
9. To deal with waste bags and their prescribed disposal.
10. To follow the laundry routine and required throughput of laundry, thereby preventing unnecessary build up.
11. To ensure that bundles of laundry are separated and identified for other staff to load and unload into washers and dryers
12. To be responsible for checking that the washers/dryers are maintained in good working order and report faults to the Head of Housekeeping.
13. To keep the laundry room and storage area in a clean, hygienic
Pay rates depend on age and experience.