Evening Activities Support
Responsible to the Team Leader
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- To be responsible for the planning of the designated evening’s activity involving the resident, taking into account resident choice, whether the activity be on or off site.
- To contribute to the overall Days Activities Programme by producing a record that indicates a level of progress in their skill level and upkeep of learned skills in accordance with their Individual Personal Programme of activities.
- To give qualitative and purposeful/structured 1-1 time with the individual resident.
In addition the duties outlined in the Principal Responsibilities for Day Centre Support Worker.
- To plan, in the time provided, each Evenings’s Activity Session taking into account the residents choice/ability and the content of their Individual Personal Programme.
- To prepare in the time provided the necessary information/materials needed for that session.
- To converse with the care staff Team Leader prior to each session/trip, i.e. to inform you of any relevant information you might need about resident’s welfare, etc., for that session/trip.
- To assist the resident in the performance of all activities planned taking into account each individual resident’s choices/abilities on or off site.
- To keep a record of the activity undertaken.
- To ensure that the resident attending that Activity session/trip are reminded, in sufficient time that the session/trip is taking place.
- To provide the Keyworker and Manager responsible for reviews a record of the progress of that particular resident for review/assessment purposes, also to attend reviews when required.
- To be conversant with the Risk Assessment and guidelines of the individual resident in respect of the Activities/trip being planned.
- To attend relevant training courses.
- To attend Day Service staff meetings, in respect of planning and co-coordinating the Day Activities sessions/trips.
- To undertake other duties pertaining to the smooth running of the Day Centres activities programme that may arise from time to time.
Ticehurst Road, Burwash Common, East Sussex, TN19 7JR
£10.80 Per hour