LEARNING ACTIVITIES LEAD
Responsible to the Day Services Co-Ordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To design and deliver meaningful and engaging lessons which develop and maintain knowledge and skills and encourages participation in new experiences.
- To liaise with the Adult Education Manager on the curriculum for each term.
- To develop lesson plans for each lesson covering learner activities, learning outcomes, differentiation required, and resources required.
- To deliver lessons as per lesson plan to meet the individual needs of the resident.
- To use various learning strategies and interventions, incorporating current best practice, to assist the resident in learning through exploration.
- To identify, research and purchase resources to support delivery of lesson plans within agreed budget.
- To liaise with Day Services Co-Ordinator and Pavilion Care Co-Ordinators to identify college attendees for each term.
- To record resident engagement in each session on the residents’ daily records.
- To liaise with the Adult Education Manager to enable Engagement Models to reflect all Oakdown College lessons.
- To set up college room each day prior to starting lessons.
- To clear up and clean college room at the end of each lesson.
- To ensure residents stay hydrated throughout the lessons.
- To work with the Day Services Co-Ordinator to identify risks, update the risk assessment and manage the environment to ensure it is safe, secure and conducive to learning.
- To ensure the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is carried out at all times and be responsible for the Health and Safety and Fire Safety of residents attending Oakdown College.
- To raise any concerns with regard to residents to Team Leader, Care Co-Ordinator or Registered Manager.
- To administer emergency medication as required.
- To suggest and implement improvements where needed.
- To keep up to date with relevant training, through attending new and refresher courses, on and off-site.
- To undertake other duties pertaining to the smooth-running of the Home that may, from time to time, be requested.
Ticehurst Road, Burwash Common, East Sussex, TN19 7JR
£11.60-£15.00 Per hour